Conveyancing is the process of transferring legal title of property and generally involves a significant financial commitment. C J Boyd Solicitors can assist a client in every step of the process, including:
- Preparing contracts for sale of residential, commercial and industrial properties;
- Reviewing contracts for purchase of residential, commercial and industrial properties at the pre-purchase stage;
- Assessing legal risks and conducting due diligence prior to purchase;
- Advising on the complexities in off-the-plan purchases;
- Interpreting the mortgage documentation and liaising with banks and financiers;
- Managing the conveyancing process from exchange through to settlement;
- Preparing appropriate documents for first home owners and the first home owners grant.
The firm is an approved member of PEXA, Australia’s on-line property exchange network. PEXA offers a secure platform to lodge documents at Registries and complete financial settlements electronically.
As the appointed legal advisor, C J Boyd Solicitors can help our clients in the following situations:
- Developing residential and commercial subdivisions of land;
- Structuring suitable finance commitments;
- Arranging mortgages and refinancing;
- Negotiating leases for residential, retail and commercial premises;
- Understanding or creating easements, covenants and restrictions on title;
- Securing old system title and company title transfers;
- Dealing with trusts and other land ownership vehicles.